Yemen Company for Flour Mills and Silos – Aden
The largest mills company in the Republic of Yemen
Yemen’s main milling facilities are located in the ports of Aden and Hodeidah with each location playing host to two large flour mills.
Aden was under British rule in the period from 1839 to 1967. In 1967, after years of struggle, Aden and other southern governorates gained their independence. The city of Aden subsequently became the capital of South Yemen between 1967 and 1990. In 1990, both South Yemen and North Yemen combined to form the present Republic of Yemen. Aden is now the commercial capital of the Republic of Yemen.
At 1,114 square kilometers, Aden is the second-smallest governorate in Yemen by area. However, its population density is the second-highest, after Sanaa Governorate.
- Lahij Governorate (north)
Aden Governorate is divided into the following 8 districts. These districts are further divided into sub-districts, and then further subdivided into villages: